Drive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of up to 80,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). May be required to unload truck. Requires commercial drivers' license.
Looking for Owner/Operators to work as local contractors. Having your own tractor is a plus, as long as it can meet Atlas and ACE criteria. Should be familiar with electronic inventory device. Must have California PUC license, or a current (in-progress) application. Must be familiar with Electronic Logging Devices. Service area is based in Long Beach, CA and covers north to Bakersfield and San Luis Obispo, south to the Mexico border and east to 29 Palms. Overnight, short-haul trips within the state may be performed as well.
Only those experienced in moving used household goods will be considered. When replying, please list companies with whom you have worked, and their affiliations (Atlas, Allied, etc.).
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary.
- Wrap goods using pads, packing paper, and cardboard containers, and secure loads to trailer walls, using straps.
- Give directions to helpers who are packing goods and moving them onto trailers.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : Two to four years related experience
Certificates & Licenses: Commercial Driver's License, class A. California PUC permit
Contact: Mark Jacobsen 310.735.0409 / firstname.lastname@example.org